I know I said earlier that I wasn’t going to have a strict policy, but I’ve decided to get the easy stuff over with.
1. Anyone posting a comment to this blog grants me the right to edit, delete, or otherwise modify it as I see fit. I will tolerate no spam and no advertising.
2. You may have a link to your site (if you have one) embedded in your name if you use a service that is compatible with wordpress, or you may have a link in the bottom of your post, if not. I will check these things. I’m fairly easygoing, so there will be some leeway for people who are not quite sure how to use the openID/whatever feature available. But if you plan to comment here regularly, you should learn how to use it. I would prefer not to have links to personal sites in posts, so try to keep that to a minimum.
3. If you have written something relevant to the topic, however, you may post a link to that, as long as you also contribute constructively to the discussion here. I completely understand the desire to get more traffic, but “ad and go” behavior is both rude and annoying, and it will not be tolerated.
4. Constructive comments only. Flaming and ad-hominem will be deleted with prejudice, and if you are a jack-ass, I will not hesitate to be one back. If I feel like it. This does not mean you cannot disagree with me or other comments, but keep it courteous.
5. if you wish to discuss atopic tangential to the post, please do so on the Discussion page. Yes, it is primitive. But it”s better than nothing. If at some point I get a minimum of readership sufficient to support a forum, one will be set up. But don’t expect anything fancy. think invisionfree or something similar.
6. I reserve the right to modify this policy at any time to account for new issues as they arise.
7. I know you all know how to behave respectfully and responsibly online. Do so. Or else.